Skip to content

The library · Annie Wright, LMFT

Writing for
the life underneath.

Find writing on relational trauma, family estrangement, relationships, ambition and the life you want beyond old expectations. Search for the subject on your mind, or begin with one of the reading suggestions.

From Annie Wright, LMFT, a relational trauma specialist and EMDRIA-certified therapist with 15,000+ clinical hours.

Find your next read
Annie Wright writing in a notebook at her desk with a laptop beside her.

Search & browse

Find something to read about what’s happening.

Relational trauma & recovery
Family & boundaries
Relationships & trust
Work, ambition & responsibility
Identity & life transitions
Money & family power
More subjects & professional contexts
All topics, A–Z

1506 matching articles.

  1. Therapy Topics

    Why Do I Dissociate During High-Stakes Meetings Even Though I’m Confident in My Role?

  2. Therapy Topics

    Why Do I Feel Like I Raised Myself Even Though My Parents Were Physically Present?

  3. Therapy Topics

  4. Therapy Topics

    How Do My Trust Issues From Childhood Show Up in My Adult Relationships?

  5. Therapy Topics

    Why Is Dating After Divorce So Much Harder Than I Expected?

  6. Therapy Topics

    The Anxious-Avoidant Trap: Signs You’re Stuck in the Pattern

  7. Therapy Topics

    The False Self and the Authentic Self in Driven Women: Who You Became to Survive vs. Who You Actually Are

  8. Therapy Topics

    Hard Conversations for Conflict-Avoidant Women: A Nervous System Guide to Saying the True Thing

  9. Therapy Topics

    Success Guilt: When Outgrowing Your Family of Origin Feels Like Exile

  10. Therapy Topics

    Self-Boundaries for Women Who Have None: The Discipline That Feels Like Freedom

  11. Therapy Topics

    Infidelity Recovery Through a Trauma Lens: When Betrayal Activates Old Wounds

  12. Therapy Topics

    Dissociation in Driven Adults: When Your Body Leaves the Room but Your Performance Doesn’t

Readers & colleagues

What people take
from the writing.

You can read feedback from readers and fellow clinicians on the Testimonials page.

Read reader and colleague comments