Family & boundaries
The family request you can’t seem to refuse.
What happened in a family can still shape what feels possible now.
Daughters of Emotionally Immature MothersThe library · Annie Wright, LMFT
Find writing on relational trauma, family estrangement, relationships, ambition and the life you want beyond old expectations. Search for the subject on your mind, or begin with one of the reading suggestions.
Find your next read
Search & browse
3 matching articles.
A few places to begin
Family & boundaries
What happened in a family can still shape what feels possible now.
Daughters of Emotionally Immature MothersWork & ambition
Start with the distinction between ambition you choose and achievement you feel compelled to pursue.
Am I Addicted to Achievement or Just Driven?A different adulthood
A starting question about the adulthood you want to build, rather than a label you have to accept.
I had a lousy childhood. I want a good adulthood.Readers & colleagues
You can read feedback from readers and fellow clinicians on the Testimonials page.
Read reader and colleague comments