Skip to content

The library · Annie Wright, LMFT

Writing for
the life underneath.

Find writing on relational trauma, family estrangement, relationships, ambition and the life you want beyond old expectations. Search for the subject on your mind, or begin with one of the reading suggestions.

From Annie Wright, LMFT, a relational trauma specialist and EMDRIA-certified therapist with 15,000+ clinical hours.

Find your next read
Annie Wright writing in a notebook at her desk with a laptop beside her.

Search & browse

Find something to read about what’s happening.

Relational trauma & recovery
Family & boundaries
Relationships & trust
Work, ambition & responsibility
Identity & life transitions
Money & family power
More subjects & professional contexts
All topics, A–Z

1506 matching articles.

  1. Therapy Topics

    Why Do I Feel So Responsible for My Employees’ Wellbeing?

  2. Therapy Topics

    How Do I Set Limits at Work When I’m the Person Everyone Relies On?

  3. Therapy Topics

    Why Is It So Hard to Make Friends When I’m a Successful Professional?

  4. Therapy Topics

    How Do I Make Real Friends as an Adult When Childhood Trauma Made Connection Feel Unsafe?

  5. Therapy Topics

    Why Do I Still Feel Financially Anxious Even Though I Earn a Lot of Money?

  6. Therapy Topics

    What Is a Scarcity Mindset from Childhood and How Does It Affect Driven Women?

  7. Therapy Topics

    What Is Conflict Avoidance and Why Do I Do It Even When I Know Better?

  8. Therapy Topics

    Signs That You’re Recovering Your Identity After Leaving a Toxic Relationship

  9. Therapy Topics

    How Do I Rebuild Trust in Myself After Leaving a Narcissist?

  10. Therapy Topics

    Why Do I Have Such a Hard Time Trusting People After a Toxic Relationship?

  11. Therapy Topics

    What Is the Mother Wound and How Does It Show Up in Adult Women?

  12. Therapy Topics

    Is It Normal to Grieve a Childhood I Didn’t Have, Even as an Adult?

Readers & colleagues

What people take
from the writing.

You can read feedback from readers and fellow clinicians on the Testimonials page.

Read reader and colleague comments