Skip to content

The library · Annie Wright, LMFT

Writing for
the life underneath.

Find writing on relational trauma, family estrangement, relationships, ambition and the life you want beyond old expectations. Search for the subject on your mind, or begin with one of the reading suggestions.

From Annie Wright, LMFT, a relational trauma specialist and EMDRIA-certified therapist with 15,000+ clinical hours.

Find your next read
Annie Wright writing in a notebook at her desk with a laptop beside her.

Search & browse

Find something to read about what’s happening.

Relational trauma & recovery
Family & boundaries
Relationships & trust
Work, ambition & responsibility
Identity & life transitions
Money & family power
More subjects & professional contexts
All topics, A–Z

345 matching articles.

  1. Emotional Regulation & Nervous System

    What Is Toxic Shame and How Is It Different From Regular Guilt?

  2. Family Dynamics & Boundaries

    What Is Enmeshment in a Family and How Do I Know If I Grew Up in an Enmeshed Family?

  3. Estrangement

    What Happens When the Scapegoat Goes No Contact With a Narcissistic Family?

  4. Family Dynamics & Boundaries

    How Do I Know If I Was the Scapegoat in My Family?

  5. Emotional Regulation & Nervous System

    Why Do I Feel Nothing When Something Good Happens to Me?

  6. Family Dynamics & Boundaries

    What Does Covert Emotional Neglect Look Like in a Family That Looked Perfectly Functional?

  7. Family Dynamics & Boundaries

    Is It Possible to Have Had a Traumatic Childhood If Your Parents Never Hit You or Yelled?

  8. Family Dynamics & Boundaries

    Is It Normal to Feel Grief When You Realize Your Childhood Was Emotionally Neglectful?

  9. Mental Health & Wellness

    Why Do I Keep Attracting Emotionally Unavailable People Even Though I Have Done So Much Work on Myself?

  10. Emotional Regulation & Nervous System

    How to Heal Toxic Shame That Has Been With You Since Childhood

  11. Emotional Regulation & Nervous System

    Why Do I Feel Guilty When Good Things Happen to Me?

  12. Mental Health & Wellness

    How to Become More Vulnerable With Your Partner When You Have Been Hurt Before

Readers & colleagues

What people take
from the writing.

You can read feedback from readers and fellow clinicians on the Testimonials page.

Read reader and colleague comments