Skip to content

The library · Annie Wright, LMFT

Writing for
the life underneath.

Find writing on relational trauma, family estrangement, relationships, ambition and the life you want beyond old expectations. Search for the subject on your mind, or begin with one of the reading suggestions.

From Annie Wright, LMFT, a relational trauma specialist and EMDRIA-certified therapist with 15,000+ clinical hours.

Find your next read
Annie Wright writing in a notebook at her desk with a laptop beside her.

Search & browse

Find something to read about what’s happening.

Relational trauma & recovery
Family & boundaries
Relationships & trust
Work, ambition & responsibility
Identity & life transitions
Money & family power
More subjects & professional contexts
All topics, A–Z

687 matching articles.

  1. Emotional Regulation & Nervous System

    Parenting Without Role Models: Tools and Resources | Annie Wright, LMFT

  2. Emotional Regulation & Nervous System

    “I’m so dysregulated. What can I do?” (Part Two)

  3. Emotional Regulation & Nervous System

    “I’m so dysregulated. What can I do?” (Part One)

  4. Mental Health & Wellness

    16 Things About Relational Trauma Recovery I Wish I’d Known 16 Years Ago

  5. Emotional Regulation & Nervous System

    When it all feels like too much. A parental pep talk.

  6. Family Dynamics & Boundaries

    Rupture and Repair in Relationships: Why Every Close Relationship Breaks, and How to Come Back

  7. Life Transitions & Major Decisions

    The unsung benefits of structural changes on our healing journeys.

  8. Driven Women & Perfectionism

    How do I NOT recreate my own personal trauma in my work life?

  9. Driven Women & Perfectionism

    Am I Recreating My Trauma in My Work Life?

  10. Mental Health & Wellness

    Trauma recovery requires effort towards feeling enlivened.

  11. Emotional Regulation & Nervous System

    An Inner Child Exercise: Talking to Your 9-Year-Old Self

  12. Driven Women & Perfectionism

    What does it mean to be an ambitious, upwardly mobile woman from a relational trauma background?

Readers & colleagues

What people take
from the writing.

You can read feedback from readers and fellow clinicians on the Testimonials page.

Read reader and colleague comments