Skip to content

The library · Annie Wright, LMFT

Writing for
the life underneath.

Find writing on relational trauma, family estrangement, relationships, ambition and the life you want beyond old expectations. Search for the subject on your mind, or begin with one of the reading suggestions.

From Annie Wright, LMFT, a relational trauma specialist and EMDRIA-certified therapist with 15,000+ clinical hours.

Find your next read
Annie Wright writing in a notebook at her desk with a laptop beside her.

Search & browse

Find something to read about what’s happening.

Relational trauma & recovery
Family & boundaries
Relationships & trust
Work, ambition & responsibility
Identity & life transitions
Money & family power
More subjects & professional contexts
All topics, A–Z

1506 matching articles.

  1. Therapy Topics

    Why Do I Keep Ending Up in Relationships with Narcissists Even Though I’m Smart and Self-Aware?

  2. Therapy Topics

    Signs Your Childhood Trauma Is Affecting Your Relationships at Work

  3. Therapy Topics

    Is It Too Late to Heal Childhood Trauma in Your 40s and 50s?

  4. Therapy Topics

    Why Do I Work So Hard but Still Feel Like I’m Not Enough?

  5. Therapy Topics

    Signs You Grew Up in an Emotionally Immature Family

  6. Therapy Topics

    What Is Developmental Trauma and How Is It Different from Single-Event Trauma?

  7. Therapy Topics

    Why Do I Feel Guilty for Being Successful When My Siblings Are Struggling?

  8. Therapy Topics

    Why Do I Feel Responsible for Managing Everyone Else’s Emotions?

  9. Therapy Topics

    What Is the Difference Between PTSD and Complex PTSD from Childhood Trauma?

  10. Therapy Topics

    Signs of Emotional Neglect in Childhood That Most Adults Don’t Recognize

  11. Therapy Topics

    How Do I Know If I Have CPTSD from a Difficult Childhood?

  12. Therapy Topics

    How Childhood Emotional Abuse Shows Up in the Body as an Adult

Readers & colleagues

What people take
from the writing.

You can read feedback from readers and fellow clinicians on the Testimonials page.

Read reader and colleague comments