The library · Annie Wright, LMFT
Writing for
the life underneath.
Find writing on relational trauma, family estrangement, relationships, ambition and the life you want beyond old expectations. Search for the subject on your mind, or begin with one of the reading suggestions.
Find your next read
Search & browse
Find something to read about what’s happening.
Relational trauma & recovery
Family & boundaries
Relationships & trust
Work, ambition & responsibility
Identity & life transitions
Money & family power
More subjects & professional contexts
All topics, A–Z
687 matching articles.
The Family Role You Still Perform: Hero, Caretaker, Scapegoat, Lost Child, or Mediator
Emotional Loneliness in Childhood: How It Shows Up in Marriage, Work, and Money
Why You Feel Responsible for Everyone’s Feelings
The Good Daughter Wound: When Approval Became the Price of Belonging
Parentification and Leadership: Why Being the Little Adult Made You So Competent
The Child Who Needed Nothing: How Self-Sufficiency Becomes a Survival Strategy
Childhood Emotional Neglect in Driven Women: The Invisible Injury Beneath the Impressive Life
Why Do I Feel Like I Am Always Waiting for Something Bad to Happen?
Why Do I Need Everything to Be Perfect Before I Can Rest?
Why Do I Feel Lonely in a Life I Worked So Hard to Build?
Why Do I Shut Down When Someone Needs Me?
Why Do I Feel Like Too Much?
Readers & colleagues
What people take
from the writing.
You can read feedback from readers and fellow clinicians on the Testimonials page.
Read reader and colleague comments