Skip to content

The library · Annie Wright, LMFT

Writing for
the life underneath.

Find writing on relational trauma, family estrangement, relationships, ambition and the life you want beyond old expectations. Search for the subject on your mind, or begin with one of the reading suggestions.

From Annie Wright, LMFT, a relational trauma specialist and EMDRIA-certified therapist with 15,000+ clinical hours.

Find your next read
Annie Wright writing in a notebook at her desk with a laptop beside her.

Search & browse

Find something to read about what’s happening.

Relational trauma & recovery
Family & boundaries
Relationships & trust
Work, ambition & responsibility
Identity & life transitions
Money & family power
More subjects & professional contexts
All topics, A–Z

1506 matching articles.

  1. Therapy Topics

    Why Do I Stay in Relationships Long After I Know They’re Wrong for Me?

  2. Therapy Topics

    Why Can’t I Leave? The Neurobiology of Trauma Bonding and the Paralysis That Isn’t Weakness

  3. Therapy Topics

    What Is Relational Trauma, And How Is It Different From Other Types of Trauma?

  4. Therapy Topics

    Healing from Growing Up with Emotionally Immature Parents: Where Do I Start?

  5. Therapy Topics

    How to Stop Overachieving as a Trauma Response: A Therapist’s Guide for Driven Women

  6. Therapy Topics

    The Best Online Course for Healing Childhood Trauma for Women: What to Look For, What to Avoid, and What Actually Works

  7. Therapy Topics

    How Childhood Trauma Affects Your Nervous System as an Adult

  8. Therapy Topics

    How Growing Up With a Narcissistic Parent Affects You as an Adult

  9. Therapy Topics

    What Is Attachment Injury and How Does It Affect My Adult Relationships?

  10. Therapy Topics

    How to Build Self-Worth After Narcissistic Abuse When You’ve Lost Yourself Completely

  11. Therapy Topics

    Why Do I Feel So Exhausted After Therapy Sessions?

  12. Therapy Topics

    How Do I Know If I’m Ready to Start Trauma Therapy?

Readers & colleagues

What people take
from the writing.

You can read feedback from readers and fellow clinicians on the Testimonials page.

Read reader and colleague comments