Skip to content

The library · Annie Wright, LMFT

Writing for
the life underneath.

Find writing on relational trauma, family estrangement, relationships, ambition and the life you want beyond old expectations. Search for the subject on your mind, or begin with one of the reading suggestions.

From Annie Wright, LMFT, a relational trauma specialist and EMDRIA-certified therapist with 15,000+ clinical hours.

Find your next read
Annie Wright writing in a notebook at her desk with a laptop beside her.

Search & browse

Find something to read about what’s happening.

Relational trauma & recovery
Family & boundaries
Relationships & trust
Work, ambition & responsibility
Identity & life transitions
Money & family power
More subjects & professional contexts
All topics, A–Z

1506 matching articles.

  1. Therapy Topics

    How Do I Start IFS Parts Work If I’m Completely New to It? A Therapist’s Beginner Guide

  2. Therapy Topics

    What Is Nervous System Regulation and Why Do I Keep Hearing About It?

  3. Therapy Topics

    Why Do I Dissociate During Therapy Sessions? A Therapist’s Guide to What’s Really Happening

  4. Therapy Topics

    What Is the Difference Between PTSD and CPTSD When It Comes to Treatment?

  5. Therapy Topics

    What Are Red Flags in a Trauma Therapist I Should Watch Out For? A Therapist’s Honest Guide

  6. Therapy Topics

    Signs I’m in a Trauma Bond and Not Actually in Love

  7. Therapy Topics

    Why Do Self-Soothing Techniques Not Work When I’m Really Triggered? A Therapist Explains

  8. Therapy Topics

    How Do I Know If Someone Is Safe to Date, Or If I’m Just Trauma Bonding Again?

  9. Therapy Topics

    What Are Vagus Nerve Exercises I Can Actually Do at Home? A Therapist’s Evidence-Based Guide

  10. Therapy Topics

    How Does the Vagus Nerve Affect Anxiety and Trauma Responses? A Therapist’s Guide

  11. Therapy Topics

    What Does Emotional Unavailability Look Like in a Relationship?

  12. Therapy Topics

    What Is Polyvagal Theory in Simple Terms? A Therapist’s Guide to the Science Behind Why You Can’t Just “Calm Down”

Readers & colleagues

What people take
from the writing.

You can read feedback from readers and fellow clinicians on the Testimonials page.

Read reader and colleague comments