Skip to content

The library · Annie Wright, LMFT

Writing for
the life underneath.

Find writing on relational trauma, family estrangement, relationships, ambition and the life you want beyond old expectations. Search for the subject on your mind, or begin with one of the reading suggestions.

From Annie Wright, LMFT, a relational trauma specialist and EMDRIA-certified therapist with 15,000+ clinical hours.

Find your next read
Annie Wright writing in a notebook at her desk with a laptop beside her.

Search & browse

Find something to read about what’s happening.

Relational trauma & recovery
Family & boundaries
Relationships & trust
Work, ambition & responsibility
Identity & life transitions
Money & family power
More subjects & professional contexts
All topics, A–Z

1506 matching articles.

  1. Therapy Topics

    The Long-Term Effects of Growing Up with a Narcissistic Mother on Ambitious Daughters

  2. Therapy Topics

    Why Do I Feel Like I Have to Earn Love, and How Do I Stop?

  3. Therapy Topics

    Why Do Driven Women End Up in Emotionally Unavailable Relationships?

  4. Therapy Topics

    What Does Secure Attachment Look Like in a Romantic Relationship?

  5. Therapy Topics

    What Is the False Self and How Do I Know If I’m Living as One?

  6. Therapy Topics

    What Is the Fawn Response and Why Do I Keep Doing It at Work?

  7. Therapy Topics

    Is It Normal to Feel Crushing Guilt After Saying No to Someone?

  8. Therapy Topics

    What Does Healing from Childhood Trauma Actually Look Like Day to Day?

  9. Therapy Topics

    Can EMDR Therapy Be Done Online or Does It Have to Be in Person?

  10. Therapy Topics

    What Is a Trauma-Informed Therapist and Why Does It Matter?

  11. Therapy Topics

    What Is Pendulation in Somatic Therapy and Why Do Therapists Keep Talking About It?

  12. Therapy Topics

    How Does Trauma Therapy Actually Change Your Brain? The Neuroscience of Healing

Readers & colleagues

What people take
from the writing.

You can read feedback from readers and fellow clinicians on the Testimonials page.

Read reader and colleague comments