Skip to content

The library · Annie Wright, LMFT

Writing for
the life underneath.

Find writing on relational trauma, family estrangement, relationships, ambition and the life you want beyond old expectations. Search for the subject on your mind, or begin with one of the reading suggestions.

From Annie Wright, LMFT, a relational trauma specialist and EMDRIA-certified therapist with 15,000+ clinical hours.

Find your next read
Annie Wright writing in a notebook at her desk with a laptop beside her.

Search & browse

Find something to read about what’s happening.

Relational trauma & recovery
Family & boundaries
Relationships & trust
Work, ambition & responsibility
Identity & life transitions
Money & family power
More subjects & professional contexts
All topics, A–Z

1506 matching articles.

  1. Therapy Topics

    Why Do I Feel Empty After Reaching a Goal I Worked Toward for Years?

  2. Therapy Topics

    What Is Arrival Fallacy and Why Doesn’t Achieving My Goals Make Me Happy?

  3. Therapy Topics

    How Does Workaholism Protect You From Feeling Your Emotions?

  4. Therapy Topics

    What Is the Fawn Response, And How Does It Show Up in the Workplace?

  5. Therapy Topics

    How Do I Stop People-Pleasing at Work When My Job Security Feels Like It Depends on It?

  6. Therapy Topics

    Is It Normal to Feel Terrified of Being Found Out at Work, Even When You’re Clearly Good at Your Job?

  7. Therapy Topics

    Why Do I Feel Like a Fraud Even Though I’ve Achieved Everything I Set Out to Do?

  8. Therapy Topics

    Why Do I Still Feel Like an Imposter After 15 Years of Success?

  9. Therapy Topics

    How Does Having a Narcissistic Father Affect Driven Women in Their Careers and Relationships?

  10. Therapy Topics

    How Do I Know If My Parent Was a Narcissist or Just Really Difficult?

  11. Therapy Topics

    What Is Narcissistic Abuse Syndrome and Is It a Real Diagnosis?

  12. Therapy Topics

    Why Do I Feel Like the Villain When I Finally Stand Up for Myself with a Narcissist?

Readers & colleagues

What people take
from the writing.

You can read feedback from readers and fellow clinicians on the Testimonials page.

Read reader and colleague comments