Skip to content

The library · Annie Wright, LMFT

Writing for
the life underneath.

Find writing on relational trauma, family estrangement, relationships, ambition and the life you want beyond old expectations. Search for the subject on your mind, or begin with one of the reading suggestions.

From Annie Wright, LMFT, a relational trauma specialist and EMDRIA-certified therapist with 15,000+ clinical hours.

Find your next read
Annie Wright writing in a notebook at her desk with a laptop beside her.

Search & browse

Find something to read about what’s happening.

Relational trauma & recovery
Family & boundaries
Relationships & trust
Work, ambition & responsibility
Identity & life transitions
Money & family power
More subjects & professional contexts
All topics, A–Z

1506 matching articles.

  1. Therapy Topics

    Why Do I Feel Like I Always Have to Earn My Place Even When I’ve Already Proved Myself?

  2. Therapy Topics

    Is There a Course for Women Who Are Externally Successful but Internally Empty?

  3. Therapy Topics

    Why Does External Success Feel Completely Disconnected from How I Feel on the Inside?

  4. Therapy Topics

    Why Do People from ‘Fine’ Families Still End Up in Therapy for Trauma?

  5. Therapy Topics

    How Does Proving Your Worth Through Achievement Keep You Stuck?

  6. Therapy Topics

    What Is Performance Addiction and How Did I Develop It?

  7. Therapy Topics

    How Do I Know If I’m Addicted to Achievement or Just Driven?

  8. Therapy Topics

    What Does Burnout Look Like in Driven Women Who Never Slow Down?

  9. Therapy Topics

    Why Are So Many Women in Finance and Law Burning Out in Their 30s and 40s?

  10. Therapy Topics

    How Does Executive Burnout Differ from Regular Burnout?

  11. Therapy Topics

    Is It Normal to Dread Monday Morning Even When I Love My Career?

  12. Therapy Topics

    What Are the Sunday Scaries and Why Do Driven Women Get Them So Badly?

Readers & colleagues

What people take
from the writing.

You can read feedback from readers and fellow clinicians on the Testimonials page.

Read reader and colleague comments