Skip to content

The library · Annie Wright, LMFT

Writing for
the life underneath.

Find writing on relational trauma, family estrangement, relationships, ambition and the life you want beyond old expectations. Search for the subject on your mind, or begin with one of the reading suggestions.

From Annie Wright, LMFT, a relational trauma specialist and EMDRIA-certified therapist with 15,000+ clinical hours.

Find your next read
Annie Wright writing in a notebook at her desk with a laptop beside her.

Search & browse

Find something to read about what’s happening.

Browse all topics

204 matching articles.

  1. Personal Growth & Self-Discovery

    Am I Toxic? When Trauma Responses Get Mistaken for Bad Character

  2. Personal Growth & Self-Discovery

    Am I Settling? How Trauma Lowers Your Relational Standards Without You Noticing

  3. Personal Growth & Self-Discovery

    Am I Too Sensitive? What Your Nervous System Is Actually Telling You

  4. Personal Growth & Self-Discovery

    Am I the Problem? How to Tell the Difference Between Accountability and Trauma-Based Self-Blame

  5. Emotional Regulation & Nervous System

    99 Uplifting Quotes for Hard Times

  6. Emotional Regulation & Nervous System

    Neuroplasticity and Trauma Recovery: A Therapist Explains | Annie Wright, LMFT

  7. Personal Growth & Self-Discovery

    Is your style of communication getting in the way of your relationships?

  8. Family Dynamics & Boundaries

    Collusion Can Be a Form of Abuse Too | Annie Wright, LMFT

  9. Mental Health & Wellness

    How Do I Remother Myself?

  10. Personal Growth & Self-Discovery

    A Pep Talk For Those Times When You’re Struggling.

  11. Emotional Regulation & Nervous System

    The Psychological Benefit Of Re-Integrating The Disowned Parts Of Ourselves.

  12. Personal Growth & Self-Discovery

    Befriending the Snake in the Cave: Shadow Work and Integration

A few places to begin

Start with your question.

Readers & colleagues

What people take
from the writing.

You can read feedback from readers and fellow clinicians on the Testimonials page.

Read reader and colleague comments