Skip to content

The library · Annie Wright, LMFT

Writing for
the life underneath.

Find writing on relational trauma, family estrangement, relationships, ambition and the life you want beyond old expectations. Search for the subject on your mind, or begin with one of the reading suggestions.

From Annie Wright, LMFT, a relational trauma specialist and EMDRIA-certified therapist with 15,000+ clinical hours.

Find your next read
Annie Wright writing in a notebook at her desk with a laptop beside her.

Search & browse

Find something to read about what’s happening.

Relational trauma & recovery
Family & boundaries
Relationships & trust
Work, ambition & responsibility
Identity & life transitions
Money & family power
More subjects & professional contexts
All topics, A–Z

1506 matching articles.

  1. Therapy Topics

    How Do I Do Parts Work Therapy on My Own?

  2. Therapy Topics

    What Is IFS Therapy and How Is It Different from Regular Therapy?

  3. Therapy Topics

    Is It Normal to Feel Worse After an EMDR Session?

  4. Therapy Topics

    How Many EMDR Sessions Does It Take to Feel Better?

  5. Therapy Topics

    Signs My Perfectionism Is Actually Trauma and Not Just a Personality Trait

  6. Therapy Topics

    How Is High-Functioning Anxiety Different from Regular Anxiety?

  7. Therapy Topics

    Signs I Have High-Functioning Anxiety That No One at Work Can See

  8. Therapy Topics

    Why Do I Feel Guilty for Resting When I’ve Worked So Hard to Get Here?

  9. Therapy Topics

    Is Workaholism a Trauma Response?

  10. Therapy Topics

    How Does Childhood Trauma Show Up as Perfectionism in Adults?

  11. Therapy Topics

    How Does Overachievement Mask Childhood Wounds in Adult Women?

  12. Therapy Topics

    How Do I Stop Tying My Entire Self-Worth to My Career Accomplishments?

Readers & colleagues

What people take
from the writing.

You can read feedback from readers and fellow clinicians on the Testimonials page.

Read reader and colleague comments