Skip to content

The library · Annie Wright, LMFT

Writing for
the life underneath.

Find writing on relational trauma, family estrangement, relationships, ambition and the life you want beyond old expectations. Search for the subject on your mind, or begin with one of the reading suggestions.

From Annie Wright, LMFT, a relational trauma specialist and EMDRIA-certified therapist with 15,000+ clinical hours.

Find your next read
Annie Wright writing in a notebook at her desk with a laptop beside her.

Search & browse

Find something to read about what’s happening.

Relational trauma & recovery
Family & boundaries
Relationships & trust
Work, ambition & responsibility
Identity & life transitions
Money & family power
More subjects & professional contexts
All topics, A–Z

1506 matching articles.

  1. Therapy Topics

    Why Do I Feel So Much Grief for a Childhood That Looked Fine on Paper?

  2. Therapy Topics

    What Is Success Guilt and Why Do Driven Women Experience It?

  3. Therapy Topics

    What Is Shadow Work and Is It Safe to Do Without a Therapist?

  4. Therapy Topics

    How Do I Reparent Myself as a Driven Adult with a Difficult Childhood?

  5. Therapy Topics

    How Do I Do Shadow Work as Someone Who Survived Narcissistic Abuse?

  6. Therapy Topics

    Why Do I Feel Like a Fraud Even Though I’m Objectively Successful?

  7. Therapy Topics

    How Do I Know If I’m Burned Out, Or Just Going Through a Hard Season?

  8. Therapy Topics

    What Is Dissociation, And How Does It Show Up in Driven, Ambitious Adults?

  9. Therapy Topics

    How Do I Know If My Drive Comes from Passion or from Childhood Wounds?

  10. Therapy Topics

    What Does a ‘Fine’ Childhood Have to Do with My Anxiety and Perfectionism as an Adult?

  11. Therapy Topics

    Why Am I Burning Out When I Actually Love My Work?

  12. Therapy Topics

    What Is Somatic Experiencing Therapy and Is It Effective for Trauma?

Readers & colleagues

What people take
from the writing.

You can read feedback from readers and fellow clinicians on the Testimonials page.

Read reader and colleague comments