Skip to content

The library · Annie Wright, LMFT

Writing for
the life underneath.

Find writing on relational trauma, family estrangement, relationships, ambition and the life you want beyond old expectations. Search for the subject on your mind, or begin with one of the reading suggestions.

From Annie Wright, LMFT, a relational trauma specialist and EMDRIA-certified therapist with 15,000+ clinical hours.

Find your next read
Annie Wright writing in a notebook at her desk with a laptop beside her.

Search & browse

Find something to read about what’s happening.

Relational trauma & recovery
Family & boundaries
Relationships & trust
Work, ambition & responsibility
Identity & life transitions
Money & family power
More subjects & professional contexts
All topics, A–Z

1506 matching articles.

  1. Therapy Topics

    Functional Freeze: When Your Body Shuts Down but Your Life Keeps Running

  2. Relational Trauma & Recovery

    The House of Life: A Clinical Framework for Understanding Why Your Perfect Life Feels Like It’s Falling Apart

  3. Therapy Topics

    How Do I Know If I’m Healing or Just Coping More Effectively?

  4. Therapy Topics

    Why Do I Feel So Alone at the Top Even Though I’ve Achieved Everything I Wanted?

  5. Therapy Topics

    How Do I Stop Defining Myself by My Career When I Was Raised to Perform?

  6. Therapy Topics

    How Do I Know If My Boundaries Are Healthy or Just Walls from My Trauma?

  7. Therapy Topics

    What Does Healthy Self-Worth Look Like After Years of Tying Worth to Achievement?

  8. Therapy Topics

    Why Is Self-Compassion So Much Harder for Me Than It Is for Other People?

  9. Therapy Topics

    What Are Self-Compassion Practices That Actually Work for Driven Women?

  10. Therapy Topics

    How Do I Handle Growing Apart from Family Members Who Don’t Support My Growth?

  11. Therapy Topics

    What Are Signs I’m Outgrowing My Family of Origin?

  12. Therapy Topics

    How Do I Say No to My Boss Without Feeling Like Everything Will Fall Apart?

Readers & colleagues

What people take
from the writing.

You can read feedback from readers and fellow clinicians on the Testimonials page.

Read reader and colleague comments