Skip to content

The library · Annie Wright, LMFT

Writing for
the life underneath.

Find writing on relational trauma, family estrangement, relationships, ambition and the life you want beyond old expectations. Search for the subject on your mind, or begin with one of the reading suggestions.

From Annie Wright, LMFT, a relational trauma specialist and EMDRIA-certified therapist with 15,000+ clinical hours.

Find your next read
Annie Wright writing in a notebook at her desk with a laptop beside her.

Search & browse

Find something to read about what’s happening.

Browse all topics

204 matching articles.

  1. Family Dynamics & Boundaries

    What Is the Father Wound and How Does It Affect Driven Women?

  2. Emotional Regulation & Nervous System

    Why Do I Feel Guilty When Good Things Happen to Me?

  3. Mental Health & Wellness

    How to Become More Vulnerable With Your Partner When You Have Been Hurt Before

  4. Mental Health & Wellness

    How to Stop Avoiding Conflict in Your Marriage When You Are Good at It Everywhere Else

  5. Mental Health & Wellness

    How to Find Yourself Again After a Toxic Relationship Took Over Your Whole Life

  6. Personal Growth & Self-Discovery

    The Dark Night of the Soul: What It Is, Why It Happens, and How to Move Through It

  7. Personal Growth & Self-Discovery

    Am I Broken? The Neuroscience of Why Healing Is Always Possible

  8. Personal Growth & Self-Discovery

    Am I Unlovable? The Core Wound That Drives Driven Women to Their Knees

  9. Personal Growth & Self-Discovery

    Am I Narcissistic? The Difference Between Narcissistic Fleas and Actual Narcissism

  10. Personal Growth & Self-Discovery

    Am I Trauma Bonded? Understanding the Neurobiology of Why You Can’t Leave

  11. Personal Growth & Self-Discovery

    Am I Gaslighting Myself? How Childhood Trauma Teaches You to Doubt Your Own Reality

  12. Personal Growth & Self-Discovery

    Am I Codependent? The Truth About Over-Functioning, Caretaking, and Trauma

A few places to begin

Start with your question.

Readers & colleagues

What people take
from the writing.

You can read feedback from readers and fellow clinicians on the Testimonials page.

Read reader and colleague comments