Skip to content

The library · Annie Wright, LMFT

Writing for
the life underneath.

Find writing on relational trauma, family estrangement, relationships, ambition and the life you want beyond old expectations. Search for the subject on your mind, or begin with one of the reading suggestions.

From Annie Wright, LMFT, a relational trauma specialist and EMDRIA-certified therapist with 15,000+ clinical hours.

Find your next read
Annie Wright writing in a notebook at her desk with a laptop beside her.

Search & browse

Find something to read about what’s happening.

Browse all topics

39 matching articles.

  1. Partner Selection & Romantic Relationships

    Choosing Steadiness Over Intensity: Dating After Relational Trauma for Driven Women

  2. Partner Selection & Romantic Relationships

    Why Healthy Relationships Feel Boring After Chaos: A Therapist’s Guide for Driven Women

  3. Partner Selection & Romantic Relationships

    The Decision Gap: Why You Stay Despite the Red Flags

  4. Partner Selection & Romantic Relationships

    Chemistry or Nervous-System Recognition? How Trauma Quietly Shapes Who You’re Drawn To

  5. Partner Selection & Romantic Relationships

    How Do I Know If I’m Ready to Date After Divorce?

  6. Narcissistic & Toxic Relationship Dynamics

    Is It Too Soon to Date After Leaving a Narcissistic Relationship?

  7. Partner Selection & Romantic Relationships

    What Is Love Addiction and How Is It Different From Just Loving Someone a Lot?

  8. Partner Selection & Romantic Relationships

    How Do I Know If I’m a Love Addict or Just Really Want Connection?

  9. Partner Selection & Romantic Relationships

    Signs I’m in a Codependent Relationship Without Realizing It

  10. Partner Selection & Romantic Relationships

    Why Does Infidelity Feel Like It Destroyed My Sense of Reality?

  11. Partner Selection & Romantic Relationships

    Is It Normal to Feel More Comfortable in Chaotic Relationships Than Calm Ones?

  12. Partner Selection & Romantic Relationships

    What Are the Red Flags in a Relationship That I Keep Ignoring?

A few places to begin

Start with your question.

Readers & colleagues

What people take
from the writing.

You can read feedback from readers and fellow clinicians on the Testimonials page.

Read reader and colleague comments